Pages

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

American Gods TV adaptation is going to be a thing...on Starz

Neil Gaiman's most famous and breakthrough work, American Gods, has been in development for a TV adaption, and it was picked up yesterday by premium channel Starz.

I'm a bit disappointed because I was hoping to watch it live and I'm not going to pay extra for it, but I suppose that is fitting with the nature of the book. (And besides, the book is currently in my "reread in the future and then judge" list, because I ended up rushing it at times.) It needs a big budget (I am personally looking forward to the man being swallowed up by a vagina, and characters from I Love Lucy and Cheers speaking to Shadow), and an adaptation on network or cable would allow it to be severely censored.

I suppose I'll get it on DVD after I finish reading the book for the second time.

My Goodreads review of American Gods.

No comments:

Post a Comment