Pages

Saturday, November 15, 2014

A Departure

I've been musing a lot today on genre and what I want to read and write. There are some directions this blog will turn.

1. Yet more thoughts on the landscape of the current market of literature, especially that for children and teens, as I wonder what the heck I really want to write and how to go about it. (This was so much easier when I didn't worry about where in the bookstore my writing might be found someday...)
2. Continued analysis of current books to see if there really is so much sameness that I feel is stifling me. 
3. My thoughts on a very obscure play I saw that sort of exemplifies what I want to see from stories, and how this may not actually be considered compatible with the age range I want to write for.

No comments:

Post a Comment